Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursdays are weird. And stuff.

Random thoughts/things from today:

1) I have two books that are overdue from the library. They are sitting on my desk. Which is a three-minute walk from the library. I stared at them today and thought, "Aach. What's another day?" They are still on my desk.

2) I could not stop whistling the theme song to the Andy Griffith Show for 18 solid minutes. Luckily, I was alone. Sadly, I noted the time.

3) I spent a good ten minutes considering how my life would be different if I had had the crazy first-grade teacher (Mrs. Yancey) instead of the super-fun Mrs. Quick.

4) I bored a student to sleep today in class. All. By. Myself. I was oh-so-proud.

5) I spilled coffee on my nice white shirt, right before leaving the house. God bless Clorox.

6) My dog ran into a wall.

7) I have a Sophie's Choice moment coming up: go to an Elvis tribute act or go to a very fun party. Mitigating factors: the ETA also has a Jerry Lee Lewis tribute star and the party might include people I don't particularly enjoy.

8) I forgot to mail some things. That were to go out yesterday.

9) I spent a pleasurable ten minutes marking birthdays in my day planner.

10) I wondered how hard it was to learn how to sail a sailboat. Mainly I just want a sailboat so I can name it. 'Cilla's Dream.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I just got the Toyota song out of my head. Now I'm hearing the whistling. Friday is going to be long for my coworkers.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Wouldn't it be more fun to spend time with someone you like (Elvis) rather than people you don't particularly like?

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be there when you buy the boat, and hire someone to paint "'Cilla's Dream" on the side. I just want to see the smirk on the painter's face.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home