Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The curse is back

A moment of silence, if you will.

My girls have gone to a better place.

Yes, 'Cilla, Mary, Penelope, et al have been removed from my office. They were all on their way out, so I have given them to Maryanne so she can attempt to revive them. In case you've forgotten, these were my flowers. Which, as plant life, have an innate revulsion to me. They were so desperate, in fact, to get away from me that they faked their own deaths so some other person would take over their care.

I stopped naming the blossoms once they started to die (or go into comas, because they all look fine and dandy now that they are out of my hands). This is why I am not to be trusted with plants or flowers. And why I hate them, too. I gave it my all, and those stupid flowers just took, took, took, and gave nothing in return.

Luckily, I still have my Elvis decor to keep me company at work. We didn't need those flowers cluttering the place up. So there.

Stupid blossoms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From everything I've heard, Elvis would appreciate your decision to get rid of the flowers. His loves extended primarily to greasy food, a lot of drugs, and bad clothing.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not alot of drugs, just precription drugs. His clothing is unique not bad, it made you remember him.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home