Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Inner Dork

Cell phones, as it turn out, are expensive. Especially if you aren't signing a new contract and the cell companies don't want to give you huge deals as incentives to sign said new contracts. Which is my way of saying I have no new phone. Luckily, my phone was still under warranty and I get a replacement of the exact same model.

And it's nice to know that while warranties don't cover acts of God, they do cover my idiocy by dropping a phone in water. But couldn't that be argued to be an act of God? Since God is omnipotent, couldn't He have controlled where the phone went? He could have had it fall onto the floor, but it didn't. Therefore, God wanted it in the sink. Therefore, act of God. No, wait. Then I don't get covered under warranty. Pretty tricky, God.

So my new/replacement phone will be here soon-ish. Whenever I can be home when the Fed-Ex guy shows up. I have a loaner phone for now. And I hate it and its stupid ring tones. No one wants to hear the Can-Can. Which is this phone's best option. But probably people don't want to hear Europe's "The Final Countdown" when I have my regular phone.

Moving on.

Last night, a group of us went for drinks and dinner as the final "Girls' Night" of 2006-2007. We're all leaving in the next few weeks, so this was our last shot. And really the emphasis should be on the drinks portion, and not so much the dinner. I won't get into all the details, but at one point we we're reminiscing about our childhoods and the wonder that is Vacation Bible School. VBS, for those in the know. We might have sang some of the songs. And I might still remember all the actions to accompany "This Little Light of Mine" and "I Just Thank You, Father, For Making Me Me." Wow, God is all front and center in this post. Go, God.

Next, we went for ice cream. Which we ate in the car outside of Zip's. I'm not really sure why, but I'm fairly certain it was my idea. At one point, Maryanne thought two guys were going to throw down in the parking lot. As it turns out, they were discussing purebred dogs. When they were comparing their bitches, they were referring to their dogs, not their "Bitches." Good times.

And Zip's might need to have someone proofread their cups. These cups announce that Zip's has been around "Since 53'" when probably they meant "Since '53." Unless they didn't meant 1953 so much as 53 feet. Or maybe that's some awesome slang that I'm not in on. Damn you Pullman, for isolating me and reducing my cool level. Can I blame Pullman for that? There might be a longer history there, starting with my six inch thick glasses that I got when I was 7, my love for the Brady Bunch, and the fact that I give high fives. Sigh. Bet you all wish you could roll with me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the inner labia

12:11 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

"The B-I-B-L-E, that's the book for me, I stand alone on the word of God, the B-I-B-L-E!" That is my favoritest (I just made that up) song.

You also can learn a lot at Girls in Action Camp. Remind me to tell you some time.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I just realized that song next to my Mai Tai drink looks especially nice!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home