Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, April 30, 2007

Is Paulie Walnuts the funniest name ever? Uh, just me?

I cannot believe that it is the last day of April. And I missed my step-mother's birthday yesterday. I thought today was the 29th. Oops. Awkward phone call later.

Anyways, April just blew by. It's really getting spring-y outside. And I don't mean spring-y bouncy, but spring-y nice flowers and green lawns. April showers bring May flowers. And what do May flowers bring?

Happiness to Ace. I like tulips. Hop to.

Speaking of things that I like, isn't it also amazing that my birthday is just a little over a month away? How time flies. If you need gift ideas, let me know. Also, if you would like the celebrations to begin early, I'm okay with that.

Speaking of celebrations, did anyone see The Sopranos last night? AJ got engaged! To someone way out of his league! And the engagement was called off five minutes later! And apparently the writing has gone downhill! Tony's gambling problem was a little too Lifetime television for women for me. Last night's episode was a bit of a snoozer.

Of course, I was a bit over-excited anyways. As could be gathered from me yelling at the TV. In my defense, I hadn't eaten much since breakfast and a Lean Cuisine isn't really filling. Nor is it really cuisine. So to spice it up, I decided to finish off half a bottle of wine. Again, without having eaten much. I might have been a bit tipsy. But I figured that was ok, since it is the Sopranos. I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed my self-righteous indignation over Tony's tantrum.

Oh, and I'm wearing jeans today. This fascinating piece of news is relevant, just FYI. The weather is beautiful, and I would prefer to be wearing a skirt, but I learned the hard way that drinking and walking around in the great outdoors don't mix. So my ankle is still wrapped. Thus the jeans to hide this. So I don't have to explain my idiocy to my students. I already accidentally might have compared my struggles with my neighbor's Christmas tree in my yard to segregation and racism in the South in the 1950s. Oops. So they don't need to see that not only am I inappropriate, but also a moron who doesn't know how to walk.

Hmm. I really don't have a drinking problem, although this post might convince you otherwise. Yeah, so, uh, we'll just leave that there for now. Happy Monday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, you arent' the only one who thought today was the 29th...double akward phone calls...and by the way, if something is going to be celebrated, it is that I NEVER have to go to another class at Law School again (okay, excluding 3 finals) BUT NO MORE CLASS. (no comments please on me not having any class ever anyway).

11:54 AM  
Blogger Heathie said...

I wouldn't have known it was her birthday, except that your dad mentioned it the day before. Cause I think Dave kind of forgot, too.
So, if I get you tulips for your birthday...? I could give you the ones from our yard, so the boys can't torture, I mean, "hug" them, anymore. I kind of expected you'd have a wish list on your blog already.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I think Starr Twinkle is one of the funniest names I've heard.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home