Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Father Knows Best

A bee flew into my hair yesterday. Just flew. Flew into my hair. It didn't sting me, or anything. It just flew in and flew away. And it's not like I have big Texas hair or Priscilla Presley (cerca 1967) hair. So I found that odd.

The only reason I comment on this is because I read a news story yesterday that bees are disappearing by the billions. Scientists are at a loss to explain this. I'm thinking it's because bees are just that dumb that they fly into hair instead of finding a nice flower or hive.

My other favorite story from recently is the Alec Baldwin thing. While I haven't been a big fan of 30 Rock, because it sucks (thank you Tina Fey, who cannot act) I'm pretty sure I'll be watching it now. Because Alec Baldwin cracked me up before what with all his comments on bi-curious shoes and stuff.

And a man who is clever enough to leave an abusive voice-mail for an 11-year old, well that's just Must See TV. Best quotes:

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being." (I wonder why she is screwed up, since her parent's divorce was so amicable, and they both seem like well-adjusted people.)

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone." (First, learn how old she is. Second, I like the image of her humiliating her with the phone. I realize what he meant, but I picture her giving him some inappropriate ring-tone, like "Dancing Queen" or "I Touch Myself" and the phone rings while he is giving an interview on the red carpet.)

And of course, where he calls her a "rude, thoughtless little pig" (Hi, kettle. I feel that you are just a bit black. Talk to you later. Love, pot.) Followed by his cleverly subtle threat to fly from New York to Los Angeles "to straighten your ass out when I see you." As Nazareth reminds us, though, love hurts. Love scars. Love wounds. And mars.

It's a tough lesson for anyone to learn. Especially an 11-year old. Especially from her father. Especially for committing the sin of turning her phone off. Well done, Mr. Baldwin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

You know some kids are little pigs and completely ungracious and lacking in any true sense of appropriate behavior. However, in Ireland's defense she has very poor role models.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home