Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A damn fine cup of coffee

Ok, quick recap of Santa Fe. Shockingly, the topic of Newsies did not come up. Sigh. I had to keep my love of Spot to myself. If you haven't seen that movie, (a) please don't judge me and (b) Spot is the bad-ass newsie from Brooklyn. Not some pansy dog.

Uh, so Santa Fe. Fun times. Good contacts. Got some good gossip from a colleague and former grad student of my school on some recent ethical lapses and past behaviors. A possible job opportunity. Delicious food. A hard-learned lesson that tequila at 7000+ feet above sea level is not equivalent to the usual dosages I enjoy back home.

This weekend I went to Tacoma, the ugly, red-headed step-child of Seattle. Perhaps I shouldn't actually mock it since it had a great downtown with some good historic preservation and (more importantly) delicious restaurants. Learned some gossip on goings-on at a state historical society that is going to be having some issues soon. Conferences are just full of Chatty Cathys.

So since I've been in and out of town, I have yet again let this site fall behind. I wold have posted earlier today, but I have three major deadlines this week for work. And probably watching Season Two of Twin Peaks while working on a chapter for the dissertation wasn't the best of ideas. Lord knows what kind of David Lynch-inspired weirdness found its way in. If in my overview of the Dawes Act I find a mention of Leo needing new boots, we'll know who to blame. Damn you, Netflix.

So traveling has been good for the last few weeks, if only for the reason that I can escape the non-stop screaming of my neighbors. Which means I can actually sleep instead of listening to a yelling match over who has ruined whose life. Funny, they never include my life and lack of sleep in that particular fight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time the neighbors fight, I think you should go over and tell them:

"Always fightin never rightin, Always haten Don't be daten, Top that, top that, You should give F#@# about trying to top that!"

They will surely get the message...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Heathie said...

uh...don't let Grandma W. hear you say "Spot" and "pansy dog" in the same sentence...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Such thoughtless people.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home