Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Commence the commencement

First, congratulations to my sister, who graduates from law school today! Whoo-hoo! We will have a lawyer in the family, which might come in handy if anything illegal is done by someone while she is in Graceland this summer. Not that anyone would attempt to steal anything. Or do anything inappropriate while in the hallowed halls. But maybe I'll just keep Jen on speed dial.

So I'll be going to her graduation ceremony later today. And I actually love graduation ceremonies. I pretty much love any ceremony. I like productions. This will be my second graduation ceremony in two weeks (congrats, Sarah, by the by) and I'm okay with that. Maybe it's because I've been in school 80 years, but I really appreciate all the work that goes into graduating. And I kind of like the robes.

Anyways, I take off tomorrow for Montana. To do work/school stuff. I'll be gone from Pullman, the ghetto, and the Fat Skirt for three weeks. Ish. Or whenever I decide to come home. Of course, with my birthday just a mere three weeks away and the promise of my very own pumpkin cheesecake, safe money says I'll be back by June 2.

And people who are going with me to Montana, don't mock. I packed as lightly as I could. Yet there is still acres of stuff to be loaded into the car. In my defense, they told us to pack for all four seasons of weather, plus I have to take my own research and other work to do, bedding, towels, Elvis blow-up doll, clothes for the the week following Montana when I'm on the road, etc. One of those is a joke, but I won't tell you which. Let's just say that I won't have cell service or cable, so I have to be prepared.

Ok, I have to pay some bills, vacuum the house, and shower before heading off to begin the graduation day festivities. And by festivities, I mean food. Because, really, that's all I care about.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heathie said...

You have an Elvis blow up doll?! Now what am I supposed to get you for your birthday?

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"congrats, Sarah, by the by"

By the by? Are you 80 years old?

Maybe you could work "twenty-three skiddoo" or "slower than molasses in January" into your next post.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home