Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

R.I.P. Flashdrive

Well. It's been a long week. Very long. As anyone who has had a conversation with me can attest to. Because I don't think I was coherent in any talks. So that was fun for my students, I'm imagining.

My flash-drive died today. With all of my lectures, dissertation research, grade books, etc. Died.

Ok, that sounds sadder than it needs to, because I had everything backed up on my hard-drive, so I haven't lost a thing. But I'm so afraid that my computer is going to crash at any second (because it is also slowly dying), that I don't trust things as is. So I've been emailing myself EVERYTHING that's on my hard-drive.

Exciting story, yes? I weave quite the tale. It's amazing that some reality show hasn't decided to focus around me and my crazy life. The ratings would be through the roof.

Oh, so the best news story of the week involves my two favorite things: ass-hats and babies. And clearly by "favorite" I mean "least favorite." Japan's minister of health referred to women as "baby making machines." An elected official in 2007 said that. So hurrah for the feminist movement. We've come a long way baby.

Sigh. Maybe Japan should bring back their Elvis-loving Prime Minister. Speaking of Elvis and Japan, one of my friends is living in Japan now (doing research and making me wish I had chosen a different dissertation topic). She shares an office with a man I call Sil-vis. Because he apparently shares my affection for Elvis. And wears some Elvis-y type things. And has an Elvis hairstyle. Which is silver. It was blue, and he died it silver. Like a shine-y silver.

Ok, now I have to go eat some fast food to comfort myself and help me get through the loss of my flash-drive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Don't forget the chocolate!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home