Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Quick thoughts

Ok, so I’m back. I’ll be relaying stories from Blue Hawaii Tour 2007 maybe tomorrow. I’m still kind of tired today, so I just have a few things.

First, what are the odds that the one week when I have no internet connection and can’t blog that two HUGE things would happen? I hate being a Johnny-Come-Lately, so I really won’t put too much on this, but the crazy astronaut lady driving to Orlando wearing a diaper? Come on! Why couldn’t she have done this when I was in town? Damn. Adults wearing diapers to facilitate a murder attempt in a bizarre-o love triangle with NASA overtones? And I missed it. Sigh.

And the death of Anna Nicole. Sad this may be (she does have a little baby), but I just want to say that I saw a news show on the life of Anna Nicole and they referred to her as a legend in our time, much like James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Really? Really? If by “legend” they mean “easy punch line for comics,” maybe I’d go for that. I mean, it’s not fair to speak ill of the dead, but here’s why she was famous: 1) Her ladies were gi-normous and 2) she married and possibly banged a REALLY old guy for lots of money. I don’t think that makes her a legend. Elvis is a legend in our time. John Wayne, too. Anna Nicole? Yeah, no. Laura says Anna Nicole is an example of our society’s fascination with people who probably don’t need our fascination: celebrity for celebrity’s sake.*

Second, for those of you who asked for specific gifts/souvenirs from Hawaii, I received said requests too late. Sorry. Please to be noting that my sister, in true family form, called and gave me a detailed description of what she wanted months ago. And her gift is sitting at my house now.

Third, the infamous Christmas tree is out of my lawn! It is currently sitting up by the dumpster (a mere 20 feet from where it was) waiting for garbage day. Whether this was the result of my neighbor noting that it is February and perhaps time to get rid of the tree, or if the landlord saw it and decided to finally take care of business, I don’t know. I don’t actually care. For the record, Maryanne won the Christmas tree bet. She chose February as the month. So congrats to her.

A new pool will be started on how long the Christmas tree stand will occupy its position of glory on the patio. I’m going to say at least until Easter. Any takers?

Fourth, I’m grounded from Ebay yet again. Self-imposed, please to be noting. Damn you, Ebay, and your immense collection of King-related memorabilia.

Fifth, lease is signed, security deposit is recorded, and Ace moves in less than five months. Goodbye, ghetto; hello, more debt.


*Hi, Paris Hilton. How are you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

I'll take until December when the next tree goes up...unless she moves and then I'll take June.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Heathie said...

I heard a news anchor call Anna Nicole Smith "America's Lady Di." I was so mad I almost puked. It made me nervous, too, because a lot of countries already hate Americans and I thought England was one of the few friends we have left; but probably not anymore.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will take however long it takes for a tree to reduce itself to nothing, or when the duplex is bulldozed, or when you get so crazy with anger that you burn the tree...whichever comes first.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home