Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, April 24, 2006

Elvis returns my love

Okay, so my friend Lyndsay sent me this email test thing. For some reason, I refuse to respond to these things in an email but I will put it on my site. What you do is get out your Ipod (or open your music on your computer if you're all ghetto and don't have an Ipod), put your music on shuffle, and then use the songs IN ORDER NO CHEATING to answer the following questions.

Sad but true, I thoroughly enjoyed doing this even though it showed me that my taste in music is somewhat shame-inducing. It was still fun. Try it.

1. Will I get far in life? Earth Angel by the Fleetwoods. I like where this is going. I am a little angel.

2. How do my friends see me? Take This Job and Shove It by Johnny Paycheck. This typically is my response to working, so this could be accurate.

3. Where will I get married? Viva Las Vegas by Elvis. Swear to God this is what came up. Somewhere in Washington, there is a happy little Ace. I might have squealed a bit.

4. What is my best friend's theme song? Creep by Stone Temple Pilots. See, this is laugh-out-loud fun. You can all try to figure out which creep is my best friend.

5. What is the story of my life? Dream On by Depeche Mode. There's a lot of implications here that I choose not to go into.

6. What was high school like? Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes. This got funnier and funnier as I thought more and more about the lyrics.

7. How can I get ahead in life? Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson. I think this quiz is telling me to quit my job and do what I love to do most: Dance. Dance. Dance.

8. What is the best thing about me? Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes. Huh. What's up with this?

9. How is today going to be? Sympathy for the Devil by the Stones. Now, am I to be sympathizing for the dark Lord, or is this answer implying that I am the devil and people should sympathize for me?

10. What is in store for this weekend? Every Breath You Take by the Police. Apparently I will be stalked in Portland. I'm okay with that.

11. What song describes my parents? Urgent by Foreigner. Well this is all sorts of weird. Not quite sure what to do with this one, either. Although my father would be less than pleased to know that a Foreigner song was used to describe him.

12. My grandparents? Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson. This is kind of mean. Try not to mock my senile grandparents.

13. How is my life going? It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty. I don't think I like where this is going. First, Dream On is the story of my life and now apparently my life is make believe. Is this all a facade and really I'm a lunch lady in Alabama? What on earth?

14. What song will they play at my funeral? Shang-A-Lang by Bay City Rollers. This song is kind of a celebration song, so I'm not sure which worries me more: that my friends would be playing a happy song to mark my passing, or that a Bay City Rollers song in general is being used. Please to not be using this at said funeral.

15. How does the world see me? Blue Dress by Depeche Mode. Okay, what? Although this song is kind of dirty if you listen to it, so maybe it does make sense. Also, I was Devil in a Blue Dress for Halloween a few years ago. Is that what it means?

16. Will I have a happy life? Everybody Hurts by REM. Excuse me? That's a nice little ray of sunshine for this Monday. Damn.

17. What do my friends really think of me? Shattered by the Stones. Things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. Do you really see me this way? Is it because I have weird obsessions?

18. Do people secretly lust after me? Bring Me to Life by Evanesence. Whatever. I'm just glad this one wasn't Dream On.

19. How can I make myself happy? Walking After Midnight by Patsy Cline. Late-night strolls will make me happy, huh? Yes, that seems in character for me.

20. What should I do with my life? Love Me Tender by Elvis. Here's how I choose to interpret this: Elvis himself is asking me to love him tender. I read it as an imperative sentence. Is this why you all think I'm shattered?

21. Will I ever have children? Hey Mr. Tambourine Man by the Byrds. I'm getting knocked up by some guy in a band? And not even by the cool drummer, but by the guy who plays what is arguably the gayest instrument ever. Oh, god, I'm having Davy Jones' baby.

22. What is some good advice? Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears for Fears. This actually is good advice. No sarcasm then.

23. What is my signature dancing song? Blasphemouss Rumours by Depeche Mode. Great, my signature dancing song (sigh) is a song that goes off on God. Apparently my dance moves will be aided by avoiding lightning bolts.

24. What do I think my current theme song is? Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie. Nice, stress apparently marks my life. As an added bonus, this is the song that Vanilla Ice ripped off. This seems like a great theme song all-around.

25. What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Rush by Depeche Mode. Keeping the theme alive from question 24. This just tells me that I need to download the Brady Bunch theme song, because really I think that that would be a more appropriate answer.

26. What type of men/women do you like? You Can't Hurry Love by the Supremes. I like procrastinators. Sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

How oddly accurate that test was? Can't wait to try it myself.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home