Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My life may be complete . . .

So I'm back home. Ah, vacations. So short. But I'm going on another one next week, so I guess I shouldn't complain. And, upon my return home, my little dog greeted me warmly by throwing up. Twice.

Anyways, here are just five little tidbits from my trip (with perhaps more to come later, depending on my boredom level. I live in Pullman, though, so I'm expecting that level to reach new heights.)

5. On our way back from Vegas, my friend Jim and I stayed in Salt Lake City. We watched the news and were SHOCKED by the lead story. Lead as in top story. As in first of the news show. Apparently there are gay cowboys in UTAH!! No! Oh yes, it's true and the crack news team broke this story by going live (that's right, live!) downtown to show a reporter pointing to a movie poster of Brokeback Mountain. This news story, which was, just to remind you, the top story, was called "Brokeback Utah." It highlighted two gay cowboys, who specialize in breeding horses. Just as an aside, the fifth story on this killer news cast was about a bomb scare at a local church earlier that morning. Interesting priorities, but whatever.

4. Drunken lady at the table next to us for dinner Saturday night was a great highlight. I'll give her some credit, though, for quickly figuring out that we did not want to be friends with her and discuss what we ordered. After five minutes of, "Did you order the gnocchi? It's great! Order the gnocchi! Order it!" (except hear that much more slurred and loud) she moved on to some other people to harass them. Two best parts: first, although I missed this, Classy Vegas lady took a swig directly from her wine bottle at this semi-fancy restaurant, and second, as her husband/lucky companion stood to exit, he slid by her and she bit him on his *hindquarters*. Bit. Him. Sexy lady.

3. Remind me to post some semi-inappropriate pictures from the wax museum.

2. The Stones were great. Keith Richards gave an eloquent speech before his solo. It went something like this, "Greas-ash, pluish, gruahara luaraisharish. Ha-ha. Vegas youish grua lahsash multhats. Rock!" It still brings tears to my eyes.

1. I was kissed by an Elvis impersonator. That's right. Who loves Vegas, baby?

More to follow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it fat Elvis or skinny Elvis that kissed you?

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're talking about the drunk lady, are you really talking about you?

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are those pictures?

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just a gigglin' about the speech. Just A GIGGLIN'!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home