Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Livin' large, southeastern Idaho-style!

Why on earth, with over 5 ka-billion channels to choose from, am I currently watching "Chicago" on Bravo? Apparently they are having a weekend-long marathon. And I'm still watching it. And maybe singing along with it.

Also, I keep seeing ads for the movie version of "Rent" and while I might want to see that, those ads are horrible. They flash words or phrases from reviews to try to sell you on the movie, like "Mesmerizing!" and "Moving" and "Astounding" and the like. Look closely next time you see that ad: most of the reviews are from the same guy. Paul Fischer. Was he the only guy who saw it? Or liked it?

Anyways, so I spent my day in typical Pocatello fashion and I'm loving being on a break. First, I slept in. The sheer beauty of that staggers me. Next, my dad took me to breakfast at my favorite breakfast place here: Butterburr's. Seriously, if you're ever in Pocatello (and why wouldn't you be?) go there. Homemade cinnamon twists. I didn't actually taste them today, though, as I was just shoveling food into my mouth. My dad was oh-so-proud.

Alright, I'll talk about my other Pocatello adventures later. I'm living it up too much right now to waste time on that. I might be watching SNL. My favorite line so far: in the president's press conference skit, Bush was making an analogy between his situation with being attacked by the Democrats for the *war* and being a project manager on the Apprentice. He then went on to talk about how smart the Democrats think they are, saying (and here's my favorite line), "If they're so smart, why'd they listen to me in the first place?" I think that might be the first time this show has made me laugh out loud since the Merv the Perv skit.

Back to Pocatello fun, fun, fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is sleeping in to you? I'm guessing you were up by 5.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home