Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

TV is good for everyone

Don’t you just love it when everything in your life comes together perfectly? Case in point: last night’s Gilmore Girls.

Don’t judge me.

Ok, to tie this in with other things in my life. First, one of the classic lines from the show came in a scene where the grandfather went outside to investigate a noise (which turned out to be his whore of a granddaughter with her boyfriend, more on that later). When he returned his wife asked, “Was it the Morgan’s dalmation trying to mate with our statue lions again?”

Loved it. Made me think of my fat little dog and her unwanted advances on my cat. I’m glad other people have similar issues, even if they are fictional.

Next, Rory was given a birthday present from her mom’s boyfriend. What would be an appropriate gift in this situation? A book? A CD? Perhaps Elvis-opoly? Nope, Luke gave her (I swear to God) . . . a pearl necklace!

In light of my menu discovery this weekend, I loved it. What are the odds that this would happen a mere three days later? Sometimes God loves me. And apparently I have found my theme for the week. Or month.

Ok, last: the grandparents brought in their reverend to talk to Whorey about her rambuctiosness with her boyfriend and he told her what a “gift” her “virtue” was and that she shouldn’t give it away too easily. Too late. Anyways, he said that if she gave this gift away, what could she give the next boyfriend? A sweater? I loved that connection. “Sorry, Billy, but since I gave it up too easily to Timmy, I had to get you this beautiful wool sweater from Banana Republic.” Both are nice gifts, I would imagine. It's always the thought that counts.

I should go work for this show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get a pair of statue lions to distract your dog from your cat.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home