Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Whoa-o, here I come


I listened to this album this morning before leaving my house, and now all that I'm hearing in my head is Olivia singing the theme song and whoever that other guy is singing "Don't Walk Away."

I haven't even seen this movie, yet I own the soundtrack. And listen to it. And sing along, when I don't think my neighbor can hear me.

And if I break out in song during class today, I think I will officially drop out of school. The only thing that could be worse than singing "Xanadu" in front of my students would be to sing some Hall and Oates song. Aach, now I'm hearing "Maneater" in my head. It promises to be a long day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always get that Christopher Walken SNL skit in my head whenever I hear a song with Cowbell.

"I have a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!"

9:04 PM  
Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Oh my...where did you get the album. Even sadder, the song Don't Walk Away is by Electric Light Orchestra. You really need to see the movie...it will pull it all together!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home