Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Cat for rent

So I come home from running errands this morning and I'm greeted at my car by my cat. I hadn't seen her since yesterday morning (I think). I'm torn on whether or not to let her stay outside at night because, while it's getting pretty chilly at night, I don't like her that much. She is, hands down, the loudest cat I've ever met. She has the most annoying meow in the entire world and sometimes I can't get to sleep if she's wandering around talking to herself. So I make her go outside as often as is possible.

Anyways, so last night I decided it was too cold to let her stay out but she wouldn't come in. After calling her for a few minutes, I thought to myself, "Well, Self, screw her. Spending a cold night outside on this fine October evening will teach her to listen when I talk."

PETA has me on speed dial.

Usually after she spends a night in the great outdoors, she is more than eager to come in when I get up in the morning. But not today. I again called her for a few minutes and then gave up. So when I got home a few hours later, she was overly ready to come inside and eat. As she runs through the door, I notice she has a new collar on. I guess I shouldn't say new, since I refuse to buy her one. My cat, who thinks she is just the princess of all things cute, is a yearly winner of world's stupidest animals and if I put a collar on her, I have no doubt she would kill herself in some manner. So I just let her run around without a collar. I live in safe area, and I have no problem with this. So seeing a collar on her that I didn't put on triggered me that maybe my little cat has found a new home.

Looking closer at the collar, I see that it's not so much a collar as a homemade, necklace type thing made of what appears to be medical adhesive tape. Written on it is a note that says, "Does this kitty belong to you? Yes? (then there's a drawn in box that I suppose I'm supposed to check to say that, yes, indeed, I own this cat) If found, please call xxx-xxxx." I stared at that for five minutes. I have no idea what to make of this. Do we think that someone "found" my cat running around, being a cat, and thinks she might be a stray and wants to give her a good home? Or perhaps, she did something naughty in someone's yard or to someone's kid and they want me to call so they can bitch me out for letting my cat run loose. I have no clue.

I did call the number because I was so intrigued, but no one was home and there was no answering machine or voice mail. I don't even know what I would have said if there had been. "Uh, hi, this is the owner of the cat you have tagged. Why would you take the time to do that? Do you really want her, because she's kind of annoying." I can't get rid of my cat. My dog would miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home