Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Creepy flowers


I received a bouquet of flowers today. This is only the second time since I broke up with my ex that I have gotten flowers, and both times it was from the same person: my next-door neighbor, who is also my co-worker and fellow grad student. And female. And straight.

Now it might be normal for a female to give another female flowers, but I'm a tad bit weirded out. I can't remember why I received them the first time (which is a lie. I had been in a roller-blading accident that makes me look stupid, so sometimes I pretend it didn't happen), but this time it was because I am sick.

I would have preferred something less awkward like chicken noodle soup or Oreos, but I'm sure that the flowers were completely appropriate. In crazy-land.

Does this make me a bad person?
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up with your freakish suspicion? Getting flowers from a friend/co-worker who is "straight" is totally normal. Especially if you've been in an accident or have been sick. I think YOU'RE the one living in Crazy Land.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home