Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Traveling intermission

Trip one to the Dirty South is over and done. Kentucky was bo-ring. Actually, Kentucky was fine but my job down there was boring. Reading essays for eight hours a day is not quite as glamorous as it sounds.

So I'm back in Pullman for a day before taking off for the next week. Montana job interview and back down to the South. Mississippi this time. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to the birthplace of Elvis this trip, since I'm on the opposite side of the state. I'm hoping, though, that the Elvis aura will be strong wherever I am.

Anyways, that is my excuse for the limited posting. Nothing truly exciting has been happening, so I don't think it matters. And I move next weekend, so no more fun stories about neighbors yelling non-stop. At least I hope so. That's the excitement of moving and meeting new neighbors. I don't think it can get worse, so that's something to look forward to.

Plus the fun of the actual move itself. I have already made two trips to Goodwill and thrown away numerous things, but, good Lord, I have a lot of crap. And by crap, I mean valuable, irreplaceable items. Who else owns a 1977 Elvis/Graceland Coca Cola memorial bottle? Or Lisa Lisa's debut album on vinyl? Or Red Dawn on VHS? It's tough to be so classy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Dehlbom said...

Glad to know you found reading essays a thrilling job. It makes the rest of us poor slobs who have different jobs envious.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kentucky is NOT da South. Ain't u a historian???

10:28 AM  
Blogger Heathie said...

Good to hear from you! (I know, I could email, but I like the blog updates, too...)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home