Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Where are the damn Mayflowers?

Pullman weather is tricky. And evil. Tricky, evil Pullman weather.

The skies were all clear and sunny this morning so I thought that I would wear a nice spring-y skirt. It's linen and cream/khaki colored (I can't really tell, but I'm pretty sure it's light-colored). I also decided to wear some heels.

The sunshine and clear skies lasted until approximately 3:15 pm. It was at this point that I was walking back to my car, a ten to fifteen minute walk. I was about halfway between my car and my office, when apparently God looked down and said, "Hmm, let's see, Ace looks completely unprepared for less-than-stellar weather, and she's nowhere near shelter. And it's Tuesday. And I'm bored. Let's see what we can do."

And the skies opened.

A torrential downpour ensued and I got soaked. SOAKED. And my cute skirt? Turns out, in case you were curious, that when wet, said skirt becomes translucent. That's right, little Ace put on a little flash show today. Wet T-shirt contest? Too tame for me. Bring on the completely-see-through-plastered-to-the-skin skirt any day.

Sex. Ay.

And then I fell and twisted my ankle.

Soaking wet and gimped out. Will I miss Pullman? Not so much. Silver lining to my cloud from a vengeful God: they make Girl Scout Cookies ice-cream! Thanks to Dwayne's brilliant tip, my evening is set. All I need is a spoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home