Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Friday, April 07, 2006

Doing my part as an American

Two stories regarding my finances.

First, yesterday a dime fell out of my pocket as I was getting my cell phone out. This was right next to my car in the parking lot, and I was running a bit late so I decided that I was too lazy to bend over and get my ten cents.

Fast forward to that afternoon and I'm back in the lot. As I'm getting into my car, I look down and see said dime on the ground. I decided to pick it up. The ass-hat parked next to me sees this and makes a comment about how cheap some people are. I felt righteously indignant. It was my damn dime! I work hard for my money! Well, I work for my money.

Second, I bought not one, not two, no, not even three, but SIX pairs of shoes today. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . 6! In my defense, there is a great annual sale at Macy's, where all pairs are $14.99. Now, two weeks ago I would be having major guilt trips but I'm okay today. Why, you ask?

I wasn't planning on working this summer, since I have this horrendous exams to take this fall and I was told that studying for those WOULD be my job. But then I was offered a job teaching a great class for the first six weeks. It's in my field, it will be with seniors, mainly history majors, and it pays. So I said yes. Now I have some extra cash.

Well, I did. Now I have some kick-ass shoes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is admirable to buy six pairs of shoes in one day! I mean, I still think you would also make a kick ass dictator, so consider this just as training!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Those in glass houses . . .

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pick up pennies and I have no shame.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pick up pennies and I have no shame.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home