Things Only Ace Thinks About

Sometimes my life is boring. Sometimes it's interesting. Usually it's more often the former and not so much the latter. Sometimes I can make it through my day only by pretending I have a documentary crew following me around, and that's when I'm glad that my inner-monologue cannot be heard by others. Everyone thinks like this, yes? And everyone loves Elvis, and the Brady Bunch, and Stephen King, and birthdays, right?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dirty dolls


So I went to this lecture today by a well-known Lewis and Clark historian. He's been traveling for the last three years, giving lectures for the bicentennial.

I don't remember how, but he started talking about the random Lewis and Clark souvenirs people could buy and he mentioned a doll set with Lewis, Clark, Sacajawea, York, and Seaman (the dog) that came in a canoe. Here's the kicker: the dolls all have removable clothing. Removable clothing.

The guy then said, "I don't know who would want to see Clark without his clothes." I leaned over to Laura and whispered, "Lewis."

Crickets.

But whatever, these dolls do exist. And their clothing is removable. Go see for yourself: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/monticellostore/120103.html

I can't imagine who would want these dolls, but I own an Elvis lamp so perhaps I shouldn't judge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An Elvis lamp, an Elvis clock, an Elvis shirt...

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home